Warren S. Hecht
During my 35 years of practicing as an attorney I have been appellate counsel for almost 300 published appellate court decisions which include civil and criminal appeals in State and Federal Court.
The criminal appeals concern convictions from a B misdemeanor up to an A-1 felony. The civil appeals involve many areas of law such as article 78, civil rights, contracts, constructive trusts, corporations, custody, employment, family offenses, guardianship, immigration, landlord-tenant, licenses, matrimonial, malpractice, mortgages, neglect proceedings, personal injury, real property, termination of parental rights, unemployment insurance and visitation.
In Article 81 proceedings, I have been the attorney for AIP (alleged incapacitated person), attorney for IP (incapacitated person), court evaluator and guardian. I have also acted as a referee in foreclosure proceedings and a guardian ad litem.
Admitted to bar:
- 1986- New York, New Jersey and U.S. District Court of New Jersey.
- 1988- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York.
- 1994- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York.
- 1995- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
- 1996- U.S. Supreme Court.
- 2008- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
- Yeshiva University B.A. 1983.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. 1986.
- Vice-Chair, Queens County Bar Association Appellate Practice Committee, Board Member, Brandeis Association.
- Member, Committee on Character and Fitness for the Second, Tenth, Eleventh and Thirteenth Judicial Districts
Warren S. Hecht serves clients from the five boroughs and handles appeals originating from the courts throughout the state.