Warren S. Hecht
During my 34 years of practicing as an attorney I have been appellate counsel for over 275 published appellate court decisions which include civil and criminal appeals in State and Federal Court.
The criminal cases concern convictions from a B misdemeanor up to an A-1 felony. The civil cases involve many areas of law such as article 78, civil rights, contracts, constructive trusts, corporations, custody, employment, family offenses, guardianship, immigration, landlord-tenant, licenses, matrimonial, malpractice, mortgages, neglect proceedings, personal injury, real property, termination of parental rights and unemployment insurance
In Article 81 proceedings, I have been the attorney for AIP (alleged incapacitated person), attorney for IP (incapacitated person), court evaluator and guardian. I have also acted as a referee in foreclosure proceedings and a guardian ad litem.
Admitted to bar:
- 1986- New York, New Jersey and U.S. District Court of New Jersey.
- 1988- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York.
- 1994- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York.
- 1995- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
- 1996- U.S. Supreme Court.
- 2008- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
- Yeshiva University B.A. 1983.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. 1986.
- Vice-Chair, Queens County Bar Association Appellate Practice Committee, Vice-President, Brandeis Association.
Warren S. Hecht serves clients from the five boroughs and handles appeals originating from the courts throughout the state.